Video on social networks has become an integral part of today’s times. Using video on social media offers an effective way to increase engagement and engage your audience. Incorporating video content into your social media strategy is excellent for getting the best results.
Video generates more shares than text and image content combined. The video format allows you to create a message conveyed in short but concise content that engages the audience in a way that static posts cannot achieve. Suppose you correctly set the strategy and goals for video marketing and know how to reach your target group. In that case, you can significantly increase your brand’s visibility and attract potential customers.
Choose the type of video you want to share
Stories – are short videos that disappear after 24 hours. These posts have become very popular because they allow users to present their lives in real time and in an informal way. They also enable companies to share behind-the-scenes moments, customer stories or news about products or services.
Short videos – usually lasting from 5 seconds to 1 minute- aim to quickly and effectively communicate a specific idea or message. They are popular because they can attract the viewer’s attention in a short time. Short videos often use different visual effects and catchy music depending on what the video creator wants to achieve.
Long videos – exceed 1 minute and provide viewers with more profound and detailed information on a particular topic. Long videos are suitable, for example, for brand building.
Live / Direct broadcasts – allows users to broadcast video content in real-time. It will enable interaction with the audience and sharing of immediate events, such as concerts, training, or discussions.
It is crucial to think about how the video will work in your marketing strategy and how it will fit into the content you publish on social networks. Before recording, it is essential always to plan and think about three basic points:
- How long should the video be?
- What do we need to communicate / what message do we want to share?
- What do you want to display/what should the viewer see?
The first few seconds are decisive. If a video doesn’t grab users’ attention in the first 3 seconds, they’ll likely stop watching and leave.
Here are some tips and tricks you can use to improve the performance of your videos and increase engagement:
- Create an exciting preview – The preview image (thumbnail) is the first impression that the viewers get. Could you create a preview image that grabs attention and prompts viewers to play the video?
- Video Length – The length should be short enough to keep viewers’ attention. Regarding social networks like Instagram or TikTok, shorter videos under 60 seconds have a better chance of being watched to the end.
- Use text in your video – Use text elements to help explain what’s going on in your video. This will help viewers better understand the content of the video, even without sound.
- Explain what the video is about – In the description, describe why the viewer should watch it and what they will learn from it.
- Call-to-Action – Don’t forget the call to action, either. You can ask followers to like, comment or share the video. Clear links and an invitation to your home page are also helpful.
- Regular content – Regular posting will help you keep your followers active and increase engagement on your profile. If you create a standard video content schedule, your followers will expect and look forward to new posts.
The quality of the video is essential – a high-quality video can increase the activity and interest of followers because some social networks have algorithms that prefer higher-quality videos and place them better in recommendations to viewers. Pay attention to the lighting, sound and general aesthetics of the video.