Reaching the top ranks in a browser can often be tricky. However, if you know how the search algorithms of various browsers work, you are one step closer to your goal. It is not enough to focus only on SEO optimization, keywords or link building. You have to focus on user experience, which will help you stay at the top.
What is user experience (UX)?
In the beginning, the fundamental question arises, what user experience (UX) means? UX deals with the needs and problem-solving of users. UX answers the question of how customers feel and what they base their decision on, whether to buy from you or the competition. The main tasks of UX include enhancing interactions between the user and the brand by simplifying functionality and highlighting the quality. The goal is to bring the user’s dreams closer efficiently, quickly and pleasantly. Therefore, UX tries to create a relationship in which the user is at the centre of attention.
With UX one level higher
Do you know what customers struggle with on your website, what obstacles they must overcome, and why they leave the cart before paying for the purchase? Just five people for UX testing, and you can reveal up to 80% of errors.
For your website to have a quality user experience, it must meet specific parameters. Even with this topic, we cannot avoid numbers, thanks to which we will show them more precisely.
- LCP (Largest Contentful Paint) – measures the website’s loading speed, which should not be more than 2.5 seconds. If this time is exceeded, most users will leave the website, and the search engine will evaluate it as weak.
- FID (First Input Delay) – measures interactivity, which is the time the user clicks on the link on your website to when it starts responding. It should be within 100 milliseconds.
- CLS (Cumulative Layout Shift) – measures the visual stability of the website, that is, whether the content, images, and buttons remain in place when the website moves or moves with it. The value should not exceed 0.1 seconds.
Tips for better user experience
The more little things you improve on the website, the higher your rankings will be. With UX, you can achieve your goals and easily distinguish when visitors become satisfied customers.
Firstly, the website should be clear. Design elements are outstanding but lose their meaning if the visitor can’t navigate without problems. They should be able to move around the site intuitively, and after looking at two sub-pages, they should get the information they are looking for.
About 88% of online buyers claim they would not return to a website after a bad experience. Do you want your customers to have a positive experience with your product or service? There are a lot of tips that contribute to an effective website being placed in the top ranks of the search engine. What are some examples?
- The mobile version of the website – poor optimization for mobile devices can be an unpleasant experience for many users.
- Thumb rule – an important factor in mobile design is the thumb zone, so the essential CTA should be within reach of the thumb.
- Images as guidance – if you want to direct the visitor to a specific place, use a picture of a person looking at that place. It’s a small psychological trick.
- Elimination of disruptive ads – many pop-ups or ads are disruptive and prevent users from accessing the page content they are looking for.
- Important information directly in the product detail – this reduces the likelihood of leaving the purchase process.
- Available customer reviews – authentic reviews play a crucial role in decision-making.
- Mini cart – regardless of which page you are on, it always provides an overview without unnecessary clicks.
These small details may seem insignificant at first glance, but ultimately, they make a big difference. For example, better UX design can increase the conversion ratio of e-shops in some cases by more than 400%.
As the saying goes: “Keep it simple”. Don’t over-complicate the website with unnecessary content, elements or fanciful design. The result must be intuitive so that the visitor can quickly find exactly what they are looking for.
If you are interested in a consultation on how to push the boundaries of your business, let us know.